Globe Life Supports the Texas Rangers at Globe Life Field
In 2014, Globe Life signed an agreement with the Texas Rangers for the naming rights and became the Official Life Insurance of the Texas Rangers. Through 2048, Globe Life will continue our naming rights sponsorship for the new Globe Life Field. Globe Life Field, with a construction cost of $1.2 billion, is the second most expensive state-of-the-art MLB ballpark ever built.
Globe Life Field is the second most expensive MLB park ever built.
The most notable feature of the new ballpark is the retractable roof, which takes about 15 minutes to open or close. The field is also designed to pay tribute to some of the greatest players of all time:
- The dimension from home plate to the backside is 42 feet to honor Jackie Robinson
- The left field line is 329 feet for Adrian Beltre’s number 29
- Center field is 407 feet for Pudge's number seven
- Left or right center field of 410 feet for Michael Young’s number 10
- Right field is 326 feet for Johnny Oate’s number 26
Globe Life Field will be used not only for America’s favorite pastime, but also to host large concerts for bands like Motley Crue and Green Day.
Globe Life Field Construction Videos