Globe Life And Accident Insurance Company partnered with the Texas Rangers Baseball Foundation to build the Globe Life Training Center at the Texas Rangers Youth Academy at Mercy Street, presented by Toyota. The training center will serve as an indoor practice facility and feature a full-sized professional infield. It will also provide classrooms, a weight room, batting cages, and a nutrition room.
Globe Life partners with the Texas Rangers Baseball Foundation to help boys and girls learn to play baseball and softball through the Globe Life Texas Rangers Baseball and Softball Grant Program. Alfredo Gonzalez, Globe Life’s Senior Manager of Sports Marketing said, “Globe Life is excited to not only help the children of this community learn the games of baseball and softball, but also to provide kids with a facility that will help advance their education.”
The Texas Rangers Baseball Foundation worked with Major League Baseball and Mercy Street to build this academy in the West Dallas area. The academy will serve more than 8,000 kids who live within the West Dallas neighborhood and additional youth from the greater DFW Metroplex area. In addition to baseball and softball instruction and play, the academy will provide access to tutoring programs, college prep classes, college and career fairs, financial literacy and internship programs, courses teaching math through the use of baseball statistics, and MLB industry alternative career workshops.
Globe Life also partners with the Texas Rangers Baseball Club as the naming rights partner to the Globe Life Park in Arlington.
Globe Life And Accident Insurance Company Facts
- Founded in 1951
- Wholly-owned subsidiary of Torchmark Corporation (NYSE: TMK)
- Second largest issuer of ordinary individual life insurance policies in the U.S. since 2003 (reported by A.M. Best Company based on number of policies)
- More than $72 billion of insurance in force (as of 4/16)
- More than 4 million policyholders (as of 4/16)
- For 25 consecutive years, Globe Life has earned the A+ (Superior) Financial Strength Rating from A.M. Best Company (as of 6/15)
- Charitable interests include Torchmark charitable programs, United Way, Special Olympics, and Texas Rangers Baseball Foundation Parent Company Facts — Torchmark Corporation (NYSE: TMK)
- Member of the S&P 500 Index
- Ranked #621 Fortune 1000 company — 2015
- Ranked #28 on Dallas Morning News 2015 Top 150 D/FW Companies list
- Ranked #68 on 2015 Texas 1000 list
Torchmark Corporation Family of Companies include:
SOURCE Globe Life
For further information: Mike Majors, 972-569-3239